Hello! I got my hair permed!

This has been a post in the making for such a long time, way way back in July I got my hair permed at a salon in Wigston called Defuzion. This is not sponsored. I knew that wanted to do a post on it as it is possibly the most damaging thing that I have done to my hair, and the only reason I actually went ahead with it is because the salon uses Olaplex, a product that has been literally everywhere in 2016 and seems to be this magical thing that can help reduce the damage on your hair during things like bleaching and perming etc.
I got a loose perm, otherwise known as a beach wave perm. I wanted texture, and I definitely got it. My hair was done by the lovely Tracey who listened to exactly what I wanted and reassured me many times that I would not be left with poodle hair. thankyou.

Now, I had read many posts on what to expect when getting your hair permed - and I knew that the perming substance would....smell. But oh my nothing could prepare you for this smell. It was literally like rotten eggs that had been left in the sun for days. so gross.

For a quick overview of the process you can take a look at my WEEK 27 vlog, the day starts at 19:47.
I'm not gonna lie, straight after getting it done I was worried. The curls looked super tight and not at all like I wanted, but Tracey assured me that they would drop - and they did!

That Friday I went on holiday with my fam for two weeks and had a great time. Looking after curly hair was definitely an experience. The lighting in our cottage was pretty bad compared to my room which made taking 'after' photos extremely difficult - my bad attempt at fixing the lighting gave the photos a *film camera* look which I was totally into and showed off my hair pretty well.
After I got back I had another appointment to get my hair cut and...well.......are you ready for the complete before and afters??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I really really like the results and it really did fit my summer aesthetic - just very carefree and easy to do things with.
definitely not low maintenance though. I knew what I was getting into but yeah, definitely not low maintenance.

If ur in or around Leicester and want to get your hair done I would definitely suggest checking out Defuzion:
37 Bell St, Leicester LE18 1AD
0116 281 2100

-
H