Sept 7th: What's on your current reading list? Or what have you read that you recommend?
Side note: one month until my birthday!!!

My current reading list consists of a teen book series about girl spys and a manga about two rad girls, mentioned in yesterdays post, and a book titled The woman who went to bed for a year by Sue Townsend. I only bought it because 1, it was half price 2, WHSmith love or your money back offer and 3, the title made me laugh because I felt that was a title that I could use for a book about my past year.
I havent read it yet so I cant give my opinion but it has a quote on the cover from the Daily Mail... do take that with a pinch of salt though.

Books that I can recommend. Now that is something I can talk about!! I have a couple favourites to share with you, one that I can reread multiple times a year and the other that ive only read once but I look back at reading it and smile and then get sad and then smile again because of how good it was.
I am a terrible book reviewer so im not going to 'review' these books, just simply write their title and rave about how awesome they are.

Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
Captain Corelli's Mandolin is a novel published in 1994 by the British writer Louis de Bernières, set on the Greek island of Cephallonia during the Italian and German occupation of the Second World War.
This book was recommended to me by my old English teacher, we got on super well as he let me sleep in his class when I didnt feel well.
It took me almost a whole year to read because of many reasons, one of which includes losing it for many months, however I have never in my whole life felt so pleased to finish reading a book. The story is amazing and you (I) really fall in love with the characters and really feel for them. After finishing the book I was awarded with a certificate (for finishing a book. I still dont understand the logic behind it.) and the Headmaster recommended Birds Without Wings, which is also a book by Louis de Bernières, and I eagerly read half of it before losing the book...... I still to this day wonder how it ended.

I know theres a movie based off the book and ive never watched it so I cant comment on how accurate it is.

A+++++ book though and I love it to pieces and one day I will reread it. People thinking about reading it should be aware that it does start off slow, but get through the first 200 pages and youll be so hooked the next time you go to recommend a book it will be that one.

or there is a slight chance that the book you will be recommending will be..
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
Daddy Long-Legs is a 1912 epistolary novel by the American writer Jean Webster. It follows the protagonist, a young girl named Jerusha "Judy" Abbott, through her college years. She writes the letters to her benefactor, a rich man whom she has never seen.
Now, I dont do favourites. Or at least in a day to day basis I would say that I dont. This book however .... just this book. I love it. Pure love. I actually own three copies of it. Two versions on my kindle (Illustrated and non illustrated) and as a surprise my parents bought me a physical copy around the beginning of the year.
If you are thinking of maybe downloading it on your kindle, pay that little bit of money to get the illustrated version.. Yes, the non illustrated is free but you lose a lot of the magic not having the pictures.

I really cant think of anything to say other than I love this book. I tend to not be able to reread/rewatch things but for some reason I can reread this book over and over again. Maybe im just a sucker for a certain genre of books...maybe this book is just that good.
For me, personally, a person who love letter writing.... i love it.

After first reading the book I went on to watch the Korean film Kidari ajeossi (Daddy long legs), a film that is loosely based on the book, as the only other films based on the book were so very very old. The film by itself is good but based on the book? If I hadnt known, I wouldnt have guessed.

Well, they are the only two books I can recommend to you. If you do read them I hope you enjoy them!










especially daddy long legs