Sept 4th: Pick a fashion trend you love and a fashion trend you hate. Win us over!
This is a quite easy subject for me as I dont think there is a day thats gone by in the past year or so that I havent read/thought/talked about different fashion trends. I mean when I first started this blog it was to be mostly a fashion blog so...I kinda needed to know my stuff.

Do we start with the negative or the positive?
I guess negative?

A fashion trend I hate.
Easy.
Animal Print.
I really dont understand it at all. I think in my whole life ive only ever owned one animal print item and that was during a stage of my life where I didnt really know what I liked and just did what everyone else did... No matter who wears the item, or what the print it I just dont think it looks good.
The worst thing is that almost every other year it gets bought back and 'reinvented' and it just wont disappear.

Unfortunately I think that animal prints are just a thing that you either love or hate, like marmite. Except the majority seem to love them...

A fashion trend I love.
Lingerie/nightwear inspired fashion.
I was first introduced to this style magically just because I follow a lot of jfashion enthusiasts on tumblr and they reblogged pictures onto my dash and I fell in love. Getting more into the summer I started to see dresses in New Look and other high street stores with lace details and just yesterday I went shopping with a friend and saw so many items of clothing that would fit into this style so well!
Yes, I fell in love with each item and no, I didnt buy any... :(
 
Katie lookbook L-R: S/S A/W A/W

Ofcourse this style has been around for a long time and many celebs have turned heads arriving at red carpets wearing nothing but what looks like to be a slip. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss and Dita Von Teese..
 

We all know that fashion recycles itself and I, for one, am glad that this style has come back! I like both different ends of the spectrum, Katies more cutesy style and the ever traditional black lace slip, which do you prefer?
I wish I could show you so many more images (especially of the different Japanese brands takes on this style) but this blog post has to end at some point.

Let me leave you with a picture of Kate wearing the same dress as Victoria Beckham above 
and 
one of a dress that looks very similar that is being sold in Topshop right now! You can find it right here.







I promise you thats an actual dress, not underwear or nightwear.