Sept. 4: What are you passionate about?

Oh I hated this one last year. I dont know if you could tell from the first post but i'm really quite terrible at talking about myself.
I don't really have ongoing enthusiasm for anything. Things come and go. I have a very bad attention span. 
I like fashion, but I can never focus on one specific style- because of this my wardrobe looks like the inside of a (very cute) charity shop. I like music but i'll listen to one album on repeat for a month or two and not listen to it again for a year.\\

Now, I really like baking. Thats really fun. I've been collecting recipes for as long as I remember, they even get a w h o l e shelf on my bookshelf. I don't get to bake very often due to being quite a non-spoon-friendly activity but when I do get to it's the best! I once spent an upwards of ten hours adapting a recipe for my friend who couldn't have gluten or dairy- it probably would have been easier to have just made a different thing for her but it was fun making all the different batches and getting my brother to test try them. He wasn't too sure but she said they were great. 
Baking is quite precise, unlike standard cooking. Plus, desserts are always better than the main course.
I talked about this with my old driving instructor actually, he was talking about how baking is harder because you don't have much room for error, however when cooking you can just 'wing it' - before then i'd never really taken any time to think about it, because I generally don't put that much effort into baking (whereas whenever i'd have to cook for my brother i'd follow e v e r y  s i n g l e step like it was the law) but after watching waaaay too much of The Food Network I realised that chefs do tend to be less precise. Idk. 

Thats not to say i'm passionate about baking, I mean sure I just wrote a whole paragraph about it but I could do the same for castles or sour sweets or even birthdays. I love birthdays, other peoples- of course. Books, teen literature is a fav of mine. Reading Buzzfeed video comments. I really enjoy taking photos of things, stupid things and not even good photos at that, but I love how magical cameras are. 

I also really like Halloween. also Christmas, Pancake day and Easter.

What are you passionate about?

-
H

 ps. sorry about what is probably one of many aimlessly wrote text posts of this month. I usually keep these kind in my drafts.


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Youtube | Facebook
I currently have a giveaway going on to celebrate two years of blogging!