Sept. 16: The real you vs. the online you. Are they the same or different?

I can definitely say that there is a slight difference, not a deliberate one but there still is one. I don't feel like I change who I am but I am aware there is a difference.

Online I am (and apparently this is surprising) more hesitant to talk to people. The fact that I can't see how they react to what I say in real time scares me. I'm not good at getting exactly what I want to say into words or I over think things, both of which can make me come across as cold or sarcastic.

Offline I'm just as quiet, most of the time, I observe and listen to people and only really talk when I have something add to what's going on.
u n l e s s i'm nervous and then it's non stop talking 24/7 about anything and everything.

Online, on my blog especially, I write what I think (as stupid and pointless the things I think might be). The same for twitter.

Offline i'll try to assess the situation to see if my true thoughts are really needed. For example, family meals are not the place to talk about how great the Green Party is or how borders on countries shouldn't exist- regardless of what my grandparents are saying.

Online my life can revolve around me, my thoughts, the tv shows I watch, the good parts of my life. It doesn't revolve around m.e.

Offline there is no pretending in the real world. I try to hide it the best I can, people have a limit to how much they can take me talking (uh, complaining) about something they don't understand.
I can't pretend it doesn't exist though. I can't do anything without worrying about the next day. I'd be lying if I said it didn't control me to some de

Online I post lots of selfies and probably come across as very self involved. lol

Online I try not to spread negativity. I share the positive things. I celebrate the mini victories. Everything is a reason to celebrate and for the little dancing ghost emoji. (I actually don't know if it is dancing, I pretend it is though).

Offline i've actually been told I have a very negative personality. That's the reason for the above ^

Online

Offline I focus on silly little holidays like Easter, Halloween and Christmas and birthdays just to find reasons to

Online i'm fine.



I did not mean for this post to be a dud. I just can't find the words. 

-
H

 ps. kinda off topic but the topic got me thinking. does it scare you? that you could be friends with someone online and then meet and there's no click. because everyone is at least slightly different online than offline. that scares me.

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Youtube | Facebook

I currently have a giveaway going on to celebrate two years of blogging!